Thursday 23 August 2007

a blanket and cranford

On the needles right now is the huge triangle shawl from 'Greetings from Knit Cafe' and has been since christmas. I'm doing it in 4ply wool so its taking a bit longer - I'm only a third of the way through and counting 200 stitches a row. But 'sheepish' cream coloured wool is too good to resist, it's gorgeously variegated, its 'oh so soft', and at £2.50 a ball its a bargain. I'm on my 3rd ball and have five more, and the wool store that sells them is over 200 miles away so it might be 'big' rather than 'huge'. I think I'll leave off the fringe though, and add a small fabric label near the apex on the inside, using some grey fabric with navy flowers on it.

I think the book is really fresh and has lots of realistic designs in it, I've already done the computer keyboard cover in red, and the socks, scarf and sweater are very tempting. I've already attempted the 'classic sweater for guys' and come foul of gauge problems, but with the right wool (big wool) I'll be having another go.

Huzzay for the new bbc mini-series this autumn - the cranford chronicles. I really love that both the 'miss brownings' actresses from wives and daughters will be in it, and of course michael gambon who played 'squire hamley'.

http://www.knitcafe.com/index.html

http://cranfordchronicles.com/

drink of the week: non-alcholic mojitos ~ lime and mint thirst-quenching heaven

No comments: