Friday 26 September 2008

Paris



We had a beautiful weekend in Paris, I never knew how relaxing it is there. One of the prettiest places is the Ile de la Cite, and the stunning cathedrale Notre Dame.



I love the 'flying buttresses' and all the greenery.




I think picturesque is an understatement! The Montmartre area is touristy but gorgeous, and the Sacre Coeur...



...gets very busy because the views are amazing. We did plenty of sightseeing, and eating, and window shopping. I can report that hidden in the top of Bon Marche is a small-ish 'drougerie' with a fair-sized amount of yarn ~ Plassard, Rowan, Elle Tricote and several other brands all arranged in floor to ceiling wood cabinets. Somehow I didn't buy anything but there's plenty of haberdashery to drool over, buttons in jars, Liberty fabric and tons of embroidery supplies. I searched Printemps for something similar, but there is only a very small (read: cupboard) yarn section entirely devoted to one brand (and I can't for the life of me remember which one). The designer haven that is the glorious 3-building Printemps has one particular unmissable feature - Ladurees - patisserie heaven. And of all the hundreds of cafes in Paris I liked this one the most...

4 comments:

juicyknits said...

It seems like you had some nice weather in Paris! Great! Did you get to use your scarfs at all?

Teresa said...

Looks like you have a beautiful time (with gorgeous weather too!)
I really appreciate this post, because I'll be in Paris myself in just over a month. Merci beaucoup for the Bon Marche tip. I must go!

Anonymous said...

You're back! Wow, sounds like you had an amazing time.
I just clicked on the Ladurees link and was in raptures :)

juicyknits said...

BTW, you've been tagged - check out on my blog.