Thursday 2 October 2008

I love Stephen Fry...and I just got to meet him!!!!!

I totally adore this man, and have been one of his many millions of fans ever since I first snuck a copy of 'The Liar' from my Dad's bookshelf at 14 and was initiated into really good adult literature. Since then my personal favourites have been appearances on 'Just a Minute' and 'I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue', not to mention all his other books and films, and of course QI.


After waiting for a mere hour and half on Milsom Street outside the Bath branch of Waterstones with Mr HH, we had a whole two minutes of conversation while he signed our book - perhaps the most thrilling 2 minutes of my life! I still feel like jelly, the adrenaline is pumping, of all the people I would have liked to have met, he is at the very top. Huzzay!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

I am SOOOOOOO frustrated that I did not now he was there! I would have been there in a shot had I known! Glad you got to see him tho!

Ruth said...

'tho judging from my spelling maybe it's just as well I didn't meet him....

A Homely Heroine said...

It was indeed most excellent!

Teresa said...

Ah! How exciting! I'm very excited for you :)