Sunday 2 August 2009

everyone needs a whale

I have my Sundays back, after 6 months of bookselling on the quietest day of the week, I get to kick back and relax with the rest of the world. Ahhh....

Have you seen this book by Therese Laskey? I love the whale on the cover, and had a go at making my own mini version today. May I introduce you...



He's about 10cm high, made from some fabric scraps left over from my quilt, some blue embroidery thread, and some cotton filling. I added some lavender stuffing so he can keep my sock drawer sweet, but I think he would also make a good pin cushion.



I'd really like to attempt this pink elephant too, a much prettier version of Peanut.

4 comments:

Steffi said...

I love your whale! That seems like an incredible book - I'll have to see if my Barnes & Noble has it.

Anonymous said...

Ooo gorgeous whale!

If you have Sundays back, would you like to visit our Sunday knit group? 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month, we meet at Cafe Nero (opposite Guildhall) from 2pm to 4pm. The next meet is August 9th, I won't be there coz I'm on holiday!

Would be good to see you again, its been ages since I last went to the Thursday group!

One More Stitch said...

What an adorable whale - he looks huge in the photo and yet you say he could be a pincushion - Nooooooo! He's too pretty to stick pins into!

I admire your patience in stitching the mouth. I always dread doing the finishing bits.

Rima said...

Oh my. How cute is this whale!